*born and raised in Sioux City, Iowa
*graduated from Sioux City East-class of 1984
*graduated from Dana College-Blair, Nebraska-December 1988 with
BS degree in secondary education major in social sciences
*graduated from Buena Vista University-Fall of 2001-masters degree in
*married to Ann Bolton-elementary resource teacher
*have 4 children: Dania, Joe, Marcus, and Curtis
*have been in Guthrie Center since August 1995
*World History (grade 10)
*U.S. History (grade 11)
*Government (grade 12)
*Economics (grade 12)
*Psychology (grades 11 & 12)
*Sociology (grades 11 & 12)
*20th Century World (grades 11-12)
*NEW for Fall 2014...Introduction to Education (grades 11-12) Dual DMACC credit
MR. BOLTON’S EXPECTATIONS
VISION FOR ALL MY CLASSES...
(“ DON’T MAKE EXCUSES, MAKE IMPROVEMENTS! ”)
1. BEHAVIOR-I EXPECT everyone to behave EACH ACCORDING TO HIS/HER MEANS...BUT if
your behavior is deemed inappropriate to others and myself then THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES!
*Respect Others! -Relationships are important in every aspect of your life. Tolerate others opinions.
2. FOOD-No pop or candy (exception is school-related activities).
3. ORGANIZATION-Never ASSUME-always bring notebook, books, pens/pencils/flashdrive.
4. REQUIRED FOR CLASS-The Right MIND-SET; COMPUTER; TEXTBOOK; WRITING UTENSILS
5. MISSING CLASS-If you will be missing class for whatever reason, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLIE FOR FINDING OUT ASSIGNMENT. If leaving during class time, let me know before class starts.
6. ABSENTEEISM-YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PICKING UP YOUR ASSIGNMENTS...will be located in bookcase in front of my room.
7. MAKE-UP WORK-will be due the day you return UNLESS the assignment was made up while you were absent. YOU WILL DO EVERY ASSIGNMENT UNTIL IT IS COMPLETED TO MY SATISFACTION. 1 day late-50% off; 2 day late-.1%.
8. ALL ASSIGNMENTS are important...When homework is assigned, it will be COMPLETED. If homework is not completed, you have until the next day to get it in. If I deem it to be CHRONIC, then we will TALK.
GRADING PRACTICES AS USED BY MR. BOLTON
Term Exam -20%
Bonus Points -0.1%
(Current Events every Friday)
GRADING SCALE for NORM REFERENCE comparison purpose (against other students in the class) *common high school grading scale…every teacher NOW follows this scale!
Below *INC (F)
(*Anything below INC-incomplete until they make up everything.)
(For the state and the district ACCOUNTABILITY, first time on ACCOUNTABILITY is PROBATION, you have two weeks to get off of the accountability list. If you do not get off the accountability list in the following two weeks, then the INC is considered a failing grade because you have not met my requirements to pass my class and you will be on the accountability list and be INELIGIBLE for the next two weeks.)
Mr. Bolton's Links